Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) is the premier organization for student leaders preparing for careers in business, entrepreneurship, information technology, and management.
FBLA is a student-led, school-based business leadership organization facilitated by teachers (advisers) in partnership with industry, parents, and the community.
Every 3 Minutes…
FBLA makes education and preparing for the world of tomorrow fun, enriching, engaging, and exciting! The amazing network and experience of FBLA is why every three minutes a middle school, high school, or college student becomes a member of FBLA! That’s 250,000 members a year joining an alumni network of more than 15 million graduates.
With more than 70 business leadership competitions, hundreds of thousands in grants and scholarships, amazing leadership conferences, and powerful individual and team programs, it’s easy to see why 20 schools per day start or renew FBLA on their campus!
Why what we do is important…
The future of the world depends on the quality of leaders and citizens produced by each generation. FBLA is the place where the world’s business finds its future leaders.
FBLA offers innovative programs designed to foster mastery of business methods, procedures and skills. And, we do it within the context of growing students’ understanding of the core principles of economics, entrepreneurship, and the free enterprise system.
How we build future business leaders…
FBLA’s business and leadership programs at the national, state, and local level are concentrated in three areas: Service, Education, and Progress.
FBLA’s co-curricular programs and learning tools are standards driven and integrate the nine goals of FBLA with educational strategies including:
- Business Education Standards from the National Business Education Association (NBEA)
- National Career Clusters Framework from the National Association of State Directors of Career Technical Education Consortium
- Common Core State Standards from the National Governors Association Center for Best Practices & the Council of Chief State School Officers
- Oregon’s Career Areas & Skill Sets and CTE Programs of Study from the Oregon Department of Education
4 Ways to Participate…
FBLA offers four membership divisions:
- FBLA – for high school students
- FBLA Middle Level – for middle school students
- Phi Beta Lambda / FBLA Collegiate – for post-secondary students
- Professional – for alumni, partners, teachers, parents, supporters and friends
Explore the Service, Education, and Progress tabs to learn how FBLA brings futures to life for 250,000 members every year!