At the State Business Leadership Conference, FBLA members may compete in one performance event and one written test. Or, they may compete in two written tests. (Please note: Skill site production events are considered written tests)
Please refer first to the National Guidelines for competitive events. Unless specifically noted in the Oregon supplement, Oregon is now following the National Guidelines for all competitive events.
- Administrator of the Year
- Adviser of the Year
- Alumni of the Year
- Businessperson of the Year
The following events are chapter projects that can qualify for the National Conference.
They have 3 components to them
- Create a written project and submit it for judging prior to the State Business Leadership Conference.
- Chapter teams will perform in a preliminary round at the State Business Leadership Conference.
- The top ten teams from the preliminary round will be invited to perform in the finals.
These are chapter projects and do not count as an individual or team performance event. If a member chooses to compete in these projects, they are not eligible to compete in any other performance event. These events include:
- American Enterprise Project (team of 1-3)
- Chapter of the Year
- Community Service Project (team of 1-3)
- Partnership with Business (team of 1-3)
- Local Chapter Annual Business Report (Written Project only no performance with this project)
Chapter Events – Oregon Only Competitions
The following Chapter Events are competitions done on a state level only. Criteria for these events can be found in the Oregon competitive Events Handbook that is currently posted on the Oregon FBLA website. Winners will not go on to a national level in these events. All members are encouraged to work on theses projects. Projects should be submitted under the Chapter name. They include:
- Chapter Newsletter
- Chapter Publicity
- Chapter Website
- Chapter Scrapbook
- Digital Scrapbook
- Gold Seal Chapter Award
- Government Promotion Program
- March of Dimes Financial Form
- March of Dimes Project
- Oregon FBLA Foundation Project
- Oregon FBLA Foundation Scholarship
- Oregon State University Lucille Borigio Scholarship
- Who's Who in FBLA