The written report is important. It constitutes 2/3 of the total score, so getting each point possible is incredibly important. Some tips include
- Review the event description and requirements. What is the purpose of the report?
- Review the report rating sheet. Does the report covered all the required content?
- Be unique. Do not just take last year’s report and change names and dates.
- Proofread. You cannot have your report read too many times to catch both spelling and grammatical errors.
- Use graphics. While the overwhelming majority should be text, you can be creative in the use of pictures and other graphics.
These events, with the exception of Local Chapter Annual Business Report, will have a preliminary performance for all competitors, so be sure to look at the tips for prepared performances.