With a tough economy, multiple FBLA conferences, and students who are dying to learn exciting new leadership skills, fundraising is quickly becoming a vital part of what we do! When implementing a fundraiser many chapter members ask the question, “How do I get started?”
When starting a fundraiser, members need to think through key components to make it successful. There are six main objectives to follow when planning your event:
- Plan and Purpose – Make sure your fundraiser has a plan and it has a purpose.
- Set Goals – Make clear goals that are relevant to your fundraising vision.
- Budget – Create a well thought out and realistic list of your expenses.
- Leadership – Find ambassadors: people who will advise the event, and ensure others know their duties.
- Target an Audience – Format your event to please those who will be in attendance.
- Thank Yous– Remember to thank volunteers, participants, and supporting organizations.
Even large organizations start with the fundamentals when planning a fundraiser, and the March of Dimes is no exception. Every year they have numerous March for Babies Walks. These events are walks to raise money in hope of saving pre-mature babies.
When your chapter begins to ask, “How do I get started?” keep these six components in mind, and you’ll be on your way to a fantastic fundraiser!
Posted on Mon, August 20, 2012